Thursday 15 September 2011

I'm Eleven days in!


“And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. Rejoice always,  pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”. 1 Thessalonians 5:14-18

So I’m on my eleventh day here in Haiti out of 37 days total.  I’m surprised actually that I’ve already been here for that long.  I have been looking forward to this trip for over a year now and I’m so glad that its finally here.  About two years ago I felt as if God was pulling me towards going to A&P school after I finished my senior year.  With that plan in mind I realized that it gave me a free semester and I wanted to be productive with it.  I started thinking about my plans (really God’s plans) of being a missionary pilot and my experiences overseas.  I’ve been overseas a few times but never for more than two weeks at a time.  I saw this free semester as an opportunity to travel overseas for a longer period of time and try to experience more of what missionary life is like.  I’m very thankful that everything worked out and I was able to come to Haiti with MAF.  It has been a great experience so far and I’m so grateful for everything that I’m learning here.  I can really see myself living overseas for the rest of my life, the only thing is I can’t see myself alone.  The hardest thing about being here in Haiti is not being able to be with Luke.  I can’t wait for the day when we will travel the world together!

Yesterday started the inspection on the Caravan! They have two people coming in from MAF Headquarters to help out with the inspection because the mechanics here have never done it before.  It’s a relatively new aircraft for MAF Haiti so they are still learning more about it.  I’ve gotten to help out some.  For the past two days they have been pulling the airplane apart, basically taking a lot of things off so that they can inspect all the different parts and do maintenance on anything that needs replaced or repaired.

I’m excited about next week because I get to help out with the scheduling! I will be training all day Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday its all up to me!  Christine is the one who does scheduling right now but she and her husband are moving to a different house.  She’ll be gone for about a week so that she can pack up and move-in!

P.S. Good news! I received a package from Luke today :)  It was a camera battery charger that I had forgot in the States! I haven’t been able to take any pictures yet, just mental memories, so I can’t wait to take some and post them!


No comments:

Post a Comment